In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mango chicken salad with ginger dressing
Paleo, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 410 Calories/Serving
Robust yet light, this paleo and gluten-free chicken salad is packed with our favorite sweet and spicy Southeast Asian flavors.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sun Basket ginger dressing base (fish sauce - coconut vinegar - coconut sugar - ginger)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- 1 organic mango
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or Italian basil
Calories: 410, Protein: 44g (88% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 10g (15% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 1.5g (8% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 38g (13% DV), Total Sugars: 28g, Added Sugars: 2g (4% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy), Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the chicken
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the ginger dressing
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Trim the ends from the mango; cut away the peel, then cut the flesh away from the pit into halves. Cut the halves in half lengthwise, then thinly slice crosswise.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Strip the Thai basil leaves from the stems.
Toss the chicken salad
- Time the chicken.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Assemble the chicken salad.