Mango chicken salad with ginger-chile dressing
Paleo, Soy Free, Gluten Free
We’ve heaped this salad with many of our favorite Southeast Asian flavors. The ginger-chile dressing packs a punch from the (optional) sambal oelek Indonesian chile paste. Chicken breasts are poached in coconut milk along with citrusy kaffir lime leaves, then shredded and tossed with sweet mango, basil, and cilantro. If that sounds like a lot, it couldn’t be easier to throw together.
- 2 limes
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- Two 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Fresh ginger
- Ginger-chile dressing base (fish sauce - coconut vinegar - coconut sugar)
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (optional)
- 1 mango
- ¼ pound cherry tomatoes
- 1 romaine heart
- Fresh basil
- Fresh cilantro
- 1½ ounces roasted cashews
Prep the limes and cook the chicken
- Juice 1½ limes. Cut ½ lime into wedges.
- Tear the kaffir lime leaves into large pieces.
- Pat the chicken breasts dry with a paper towel.
Make the ginger-chile dressing
- Peel and grate or finely chop the ginger.
Prep the remaining salad ingredients
- Cut the ends from the mango and cut away the peel. Cut the fruit away from the pit. Thinly slice the fruit.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Trim the root ends from the romaine; cut the romaine crosswise into 1-inch-thick strips.
- Strip the basil and cilantro leaves from the stems; discard the stems.
- Using a fork or your hands, shred the chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces.
- Coarsely chop the cashews.
Assemble the salad
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 650, Protein: 43 g, Total Fat: 30 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 13 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 95 mg, Carbohydrates: 58 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 5 g, Sodium: 1420 mg
Contains: tree nuts, fish