Mango-matcha smoothies & Arugula frittata with tomato-basil salsa
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
3 – 10 Minutes
These nutrient-dense smoothies bring antioxidants, omega-3s, and fiber to help fuel your morning. This easy paleo stovetop frittata features cherry tomatoes and our custom-made (and dairy-free) basil pesto. It’s ready in about 10 minutes.
- Mango-matcha smoothies
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1½ cups chopped peeled mango
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- 1 teaspoon black chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon matcha
- Arugula frittata with tomato-basil salsa
- 3 scallions
- 4 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 1 ounce arugula
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes
- Sun Basket basil pesto (fresh basil - walnuts - olive oil - salt)
Matcha is powdered green tea thought to have been introduced in Japan by Chinese Buddhist monks in the 12th century; in Japanese, ma means “powdered,” and cha means “tea.”
Blend the ingredients
Prep the frittata ingredients
- Trim the root end from 1 scallion; thinly slice the scallion, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish. Save the remaining scallions for another use.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper, and lightly beat with a whisk or fork until blended.
Cook the frittata
While the frittata cooks, prepare the tomato-basil salsa.
Make the tomato-basil salsa
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
MANGO-MATCHA SMOOTHIES: Protein: 7g (14% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 14g (22% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 1g (5% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 31g (10% DV), Total Sugars: 23g, Added Sugars (Honey; almond milk contains trace amounts of organic cane sugar): 8g (16% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Tree nuts.
ARUGULA FRITTATA WITH TOMATO-BASIL SALSA: Protein: 13g (26% DV), Fiber: 2g (8% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 310mg (103% DV), Sodium: 560mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 4g (1% DV), Total Sugars: 2g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: Tree nuts, eggs.