In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Manhattan-style cod chowder with potatoes and fennel
Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Turkish Urfa chile flakes impart a smoky, fruity flavor and gentle heat to our version of tomato-based Manhattan chowder, made with flaky white fish.
In your bag
- ½ pound waxy potatoes such as Yukon Gold
- 1 fennel bulb (about 5 ounces)
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup mirepoix (onions - carrots - celery)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sweet smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Urfa chile flakes
- Fish options
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 lemon
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
Calories: 500, Protein: 28g (56% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 55mg (18% DV), Sodium: 220mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 48g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chowder
- Scrub or peel the potatoes; cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices, the slices crosswise into ½-inch cubes.
- Cut the fennel lengthwise into quarters and cut away the core; cut the quarters lengthwise into ¼-inch-thick slices, the slices crosswise into ¼-inch pieces.
- Strip enough thyme leaves from the stems to measure ½ teaspoon [1 tsp]. Save any remaining thyme for another use.
While the chowder simmers, prepare the chile oil.
Make the chile oil
- In a small heatproof bowl, stir together the paprika and Urfa chile.
While the chile oil cools, prepare the fish and garnishes.
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the fillets crosswise into 1-inch-wide strips and season lightly with salt and pepper.
While the fish cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Cut the lemon into wedges.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Strip the thyme and parsley leaves.
- Measure the thyme and water.
- Garnish with the parsley.