In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Manila chicken adobo with sweet potato mash
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Sun Basket’s spin on a popular Filipino comfort dish comes together in about 30 minutes; the simple prep and hearty flavors make it a go-to for entertaining—paleo and gluten-free guests included!
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 bunch organic baby broccoli
- Sun Basket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- Sun Basket coconut seasoning blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons black sesame seeds
Calories: 590, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 40g (62% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 430mg (18% DV), Carbohydrates: 35g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 11g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sweet potato mash
- Peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the potato cooks, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Brown the chicken; prep the vegetables
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut the broccoli into 1-inch pieces.
Finish the chicken adobo
While the adobo cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the cilantro; toast the sesame seeds
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Mash the sweet potato.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the chicken adobo.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.