In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Manila chicken adobo with sweet potato mash
Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Sunbasket’s spin on a popular Filipino comfort dish comes together in about 30 minutes; the simple prep and hearty flavors make it a go-to for entertaining—paleo and gluten-free guests included!
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 bunch organic baby broccoli
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - garlic - ginger - turmeric)
- Sunbasket coconut seasoning blend (coconut aminos - coconut vinegar)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 1½ teaspoons black sesame seeds
Calories 590, Total Fat 40g (62% DV), Sat. Fat 13g (65% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 95mg (32% DV), Sodium 430mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 35g (12% DV), Fiber 6g (24% DV), Total Sugars 11g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the sweet potato mash
- Peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
While the potato cooks, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Brown the chicken; prep the vegetables
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Trim the root ends from the baby broccoli; cut the broccoli into 1-inch pieces.
Finish the chicken adobo
While the adobo cooks, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the cilantro; toast the sesame seeds
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Mash the sweet potato.
- Measure the onion.
- Measure the water for the chicken adobo.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and cilantro.