In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Maple-glazed steak lettuce cups with spiced potatoes and bell pepper
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 430 Calories/Serving
These crisp lettuce cups are like dinner magic. Piled high with spiced potatoes, your choice of protein, and plenty of sweet-savory seasonings, they’re ready to eat in just 15 minutes.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic gold or red new potatoes
- 1 organic green or other bell pepper
- Sunbasket smoky spice blend (chili powder - coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket maple glaze (maple syrup - coconut aminos - black pepper - sweet smoked paprika - kosher salt - cumin - cayenne)
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
Calories 430, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 70mg (23% DV), Sodium 380mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 37g (13% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 2g Added Sugars, 4% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the potatoes and bell pepper
- Scrub the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ½-inch pieces.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ½-inch pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the potatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 6 to 8 minutes. Stir in the smoky spice blend and as many chile flakes as you like and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the pepper is crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare your protein.
Prep and cook your protein
- Steak, chicken, or pork strips: Cut a small corner from the packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer the meat to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chicken breasts: Pat the meat dry with a paper towel; cut into 1-inch strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Shrimp: Rinse and drain the shrimp or scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Plant-based chicken: Pat the plant-based chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Add the maple glaze and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, about 30 seconds for regular shrimp; 2 to 3 minutes for steak, pork, or plant-based chicken; and 4 to 5 minutes for chicken. While your protein is cooking, prepare the lettuce.
Prep the lettuce
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; separate the leaves.
Transfer the romaine leaves to individual plates. Top with the potatoes and bell pepper, your protein, and as many remaining chile flakes as you like and serve.
- Scrub the potatoes.
- Time the cooking.
- Separate the lettuce leaves.
- Transfer the lettuce leaves to plates.