In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mapo tofu with mushrooms and red rice
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 620 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine gives the popular Chinese take-out dish a healthy vegetarian turn with cremini mushrooms standing in for the traditional pork.
In your bag
- Bhutan red rice
- 2 garlic cloves
- Fresh ginger
- Crimini mushrooms
- 3 scallions
- Hodo Soy firm tofu
- Fresh cilantro
- Dried red chiles (optional)
- Black-bean paste
- Stir-fry sauce
- Toasted sesame oil
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
Meanwhile, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Chop the garlic and ginger.
- Cut the mushrooms and scallions into thin slices.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
- Chop the cilantro.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons water.
Cook the mushrooms and tofu