In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Masala-spiced turkey kebabs with cashew chutney
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Paleo, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
Dark meat turkey used to be looked down on by nutritionists, who preferred the leaner white meat. But legs and thighs have more iron, folate, and zinc than the breast. We also love the richer taste, here brought out by warming Indian spices. If you feel like cooking outside, these kebabs cook up beautifully on the grill.
In your bag
- ¾ pound cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons fried shallots (contains soy)
- 1 lemon
- 1 serrano chile (optional)
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- 1 tablespoon almond meal
- Kebab seasoning blend (fresh ginger - garlic - garam masala - turmeric)
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Wooden skewers
- Fresh cilantro
- Cashew chutney base (cashews - mild green chilies - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt)
Calories 590, Total Fat 44g (56% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 180mg (60% DV), Sodium 720mg (31% DV), Total Carb. 16g (6% DV), Fiber 3g (11% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Cook the cauliflower
- Remove any leaves or coarse stems from the cauliflower. Using a knife or food processor, chop the cauliflower into rice-sized pieces.
Prep the kebabs
- Zest the lemon; juice half and cut the remaining half into wedges.
- If using, remove the stems, ribs, and seeds from the serrano; finely chop the chile.
- Crack the egg into a mixing bowl, season generously with salt and pepper, and lightly beat.
Cook the kebabs
Finish the chutney
- Finely chop the cilantro.