Masala turkey kebabs with cashew chutney
Paleo-Friendly, Gluten Free, Dairy-Free
25 – 35 Minutes
We infused these nutrient-dense turkey kebabs with warming Indian spices and served them with crispy cauliflower rice and crunchy cashew chutney.
- 1¼ pounds cauliflower “rice”
- 1 lemon
- 1 serrano (optional)
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond meal
- Kebab seasoning blend (ginger - granulated garlic - garam masala - turmeric)
- Wooden skewers
- Fresh cilantro
- Cashew chutney base (cashews - mild green chiles - fresh garlic - olive oil - salt)
- ¼ cup fried shallots (contain soy)*
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
For easier handling, in Step 2, refrigerate the ground turkey mixture for 5 to 10 minutes before shaping. You can also lightly grease your hands with olive oil.
Cook the cauliflower “rice”
While the cauliflower “rice” cooks, prepare and cook the turkey kebabs.
Make the turkey kebabs
- Zest the lemon.
- Juice the lemon; set aside the juice for the chutney.
- If using, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the serrano; finely chop the serrano. Divide into two equal portions, one for the kebabs and one for the chutney. Wash your hands after handling.
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the kebabs
While the kebabs cook, prepare the cashew chutney.
Finish the cashew chutney
- Finely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir together the chutney.
- Sprinkle on the fried shallots and cilantro.
- Set out the meal.
- Help clean up.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 36g (55% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 680mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 19g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Contains: Tree nuts, soy, eggs.
Paleo-strict nutrition per serving: Calories: 510, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 34g (52% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 180mg (60% DV), Sodium: 660mg (28% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 6g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.