In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Massaman chicken curry with roasted red peppers and jade rice
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
The tamarind and lemongrass pastes in our 20-minute Thai yellow curry with jade rice build balanced and bold flavor without added sugar or extra fat.
In your bag
- ½ cup jade rice
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 1½ ounces roasted red peppers
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- Sunbasket lemongrass paste (lemongrass - EVOO - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - ground turmeric)
- Massaman seasoning blend (coriander - cumin)
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
Calories 670, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 8g (40% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 960mg (42% DV), Total Carb. 56g (20% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 39g
Contains: Fish, Tree Nuts
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
- Rinse the rice.
While the rice cooks, prepare the chicken curry.
Prep the curry ingredients
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews; set aside half for garnish.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
Cook the chicken curry
When the chicken is almost done, prepare the cilantro.
Prep the cilantro
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Rinse the rice.
- Crush the cashews.
- Divide the cashews into two portions.
- Garnish with the cilantro and cashews.