In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mayan sustainably farmed raised in parchment with caper vinaigrette
Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 710 Calories/Serving
Mayan-style trout gets cooked en papillote and served with red rice seasoned with our house-made recado spice blend. A caper vinaigrette is the finishing touch.
In your bag
- 1 organic leek
- Sunbasket recado spice blend (onion powder - granulated garlic - cumin - sweet paprika - chili powder - dried Mexican oregano)
- ½ cup red rice
- 1 organic lemon
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sheets parchment paper
- 3 organic scallions
- 1 organic Roma tomato
- Sunbasket caper vinaigrette (EVOO - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
Calories: 710, Protein: 39g (78% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 23g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 95mg (32% DV), Sodium: 370mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 53g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the leek; cook the rice
- Trim the root ends from the leek; cut the leek in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Soak the half-moons in a medium bowl of cold water, stirring occasionally to loosen any dirt, and allow the dirt to settle at the bottom. Skim the leek from the surface of the water and pat dry.
Add the red rice and 1 cup [1½ cups] lightly salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 25 to 30 minutes.
While the rice cooks, prepare the parchment packets.
Assemble the parchment packets
- Thinly slice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Thinly slice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
Bake the parchment packets
While the fish cooks, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the rice
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; finely chop the tomato.
- Soak the leeks.
- Measure the oil and water for the rice.
- Time the rice.
- Drizzle the caper vinaigrette.