In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Penne and meatballs in marinara sauce with Caesar salad
2 Servings, 840 Calories/Serving
Not your mother’s spaghetti and meatballs, this updated Italian-American classic is a favorite of filmmaker Francis Ford Coppola.
In your bag
- 7 ounces fresh whole wheat penne
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 organic egg
- Sunbasket meatball seasoning blend (granulated garlic - onion powder - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- Sunbasket marinara (tomatoes - fresh garlic - tomato paste - balsamic vinegar - EVOO - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 1 head organic Artisan or other lettuce
- Sunbasket Caesar dressing (paleo mayo - Parmesan - sherry vinegar - Dijon mustard - fresh garlic - anchovy paste - kosher salt - black pepper)
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh basil
Calories: 840, Protein: 51g (102% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 44g (68% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 13g (65% DV), Cholesterol: 295mg (98% DV), Sodium: 970mg (40% DV), Carbohydrates: 72g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Milk, Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the penne
While the water heats and the penne cooks, start preparing the rest of the meal.
Prepare the meatballs
- Set aside half the Parmesan for the salad.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the meatballs and marinara
Return all the meatballs to the pot, stir in the marinara, and bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot. Reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook until the meatballs are cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt, pepper, and sugar, if using.
While the meatballs and marinara cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep the garnish; finish the dish
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Time the penne.
- Divide the Parmesan in half.
- Assemble the salad.
- Strip the basil leaves.
- Sprinkle the salad with Parmesan.
The best pasta sauce, best meatballs I’ve ever had. I’m blown away! — Sunbasket customer Kassy J.