Mediterranean chicken pitas with hummus and tomato-cucumber salad
25 – 35 Minutes
Mediterranean flavors shine in these main-course sandwiches, packed with cumin-scented chicken and our custom-made hummus.
In your bag
- 1¼ pounds boneless skinless chicken thigh pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon
- 10 ounces summer squash
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh mint
- 4 whole wheat pita breads*
- Sun Basket hummus* (chickpeas - olive oil - lemon juice - tahini - cumin - coriander - fresh garlic - salt)
- *Not paleo; omit for a paleo-strict version.
If you prefer a looser hummus for drizzling instead of spreading, stir in a little water or olive oil, 1 teaspoon at a time.
Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 720mg (30% DV), Carbohydrates: 45g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars (Pita breads contain trace amounts of sugar): 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Contains: wheat, soy, eggs (in pita)
Paleo-strict nutrition per serving: Calories: 330, Protein: 27g (54% DV), Fiber: 3g (12% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 240mg (10% DV), Carbohydrates: 9g (3% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.