In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean chicken with asparagus salsa and roasted eggplant
Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Hungry? This gluten-free chicken dinner features a Mediterranean salsa chock-full of goodness: asparagus, artichokes, chickpeas, bell pepper, and fresh basil.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh Thai or Italian basil
- Sunbasket lemon vinaigrette base (lemon juice - onion - garlic - Dijon mustard - porcini powder)
Calories: 420, Protein: 34g (68% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 37g (12% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the asparagus
- Snap off the woody ends from half the asparagus; save the remaining asparagus for another use.
While the water heats and the asparagus cooks, prepare the eggplant.
Prep and roast the eggplant
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into ½-inch pieces.
While the eggplant roasts, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the salsa
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the artichokes.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the basil leaves from the stems; coarsely tear the leaves.
- Snap off the ends from the asparagus.
- Drizzle the eggplant with oil.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip and tear the basil leaves.
- Assemble the salsa.