In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean chicken with asparagus salsa and roasted zucchini
Carb-Conscious, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
This gluten-free chicken dinner hits all the notes, thanks to our hearty salsa, which blends fresh asparagus with meaty artichoke hearts, chickpeas, and sweet bell pepper.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- Sun Basket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Chicken options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh curly-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket Greek vinaigrette base (red wine vinegar - garlic - dried oregano)
Prepare a medium-hot fire in a grill. Set the chicken on the grill directly over the heat and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and cooked through, about 10 minutes. For the zucchini, halve the zucchini lengthwise and lightly brush with oil. Set them on the grill directly over the heat. Cook, turning once, until lightly charred and tender, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and cut crosswise into half-moons.
Make It Ahead
The asparagus salsa (Steps 1 and 4, minus the parsley prep) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, let the salsa come to room temperature, prep and add the parsley, and reseason as you proceed with the rest of the recipe (Steps 2 and 3).
Calories: 420, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the asparagus
- Snap off the woody ends from half the asparagus; save the remaining asparagus for another use.
While the water heats and the asparagus cooks, prepare the zucchini.
Prep and roast the zucchini
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half moons.
While the zucchini roasts, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, finish the salsa.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the salsa
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Snap off the ends from the asparagus.
- Drizzle the zucchini with oil.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the vinaigrette and salsa.