In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean chicken with asparagus salsa and roasted zucchini
Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Lean & Clean, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
This gluten-free chicken dinner hits all the notes, thanks to our hearty salsa, which blends fresh asparagus with meaty artichoke hearts, chickpeas, and sweet bell pepper.
In your bag
- 10 ounces organic asparagus
- 1 organic zucchini or other summer squash
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Chicken options:
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh curly-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket Greek vinaigrette base (red wine vinegar - garlic - dried oregano)
Calories: 420, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 8g (32% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the asparagus
- Snap off the woody ends from half the asparagus; save the remaining asparagus for another use.
While the water heats and the asparagus cooks, prepare the zucchini.
Prep and roast the zucchini
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ½-inch-thick half moons.
While the zucchini roasts, prepare the chicken.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks, finish the salsa.
Prep the remaining ingredients; finish the salsa
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.
- Snap off the ends from the asparagus.
- Drizzle the zucchini with oil.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the vinaigrette and salsa.