In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean chicken with tomatoes, olives, and kale salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Lean & Clean, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
Fragrant smoked paprika and nutmeg guest-star in our custom spice blend for this paleo, gluten-free take on the Italian classic, chicken cacciatore.
In your bag
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 or 2 shallots
- 1 or 2 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 ounce pitted Castelvetrano olives
- Chicken spice blend (coriander seeds - sweet smoked paprika - nutmeg - allspice)
- ¾ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2½ ounces baby kale
Nutrition per serving
Calories 500, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 125mg (42% DV), Sodium 420mg (18% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 44g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and brown the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel and season generously with salt and pepper. On a plate, spread the arrowroot powder in an even layer. Dredge the chicken in the arrowroot powder, turning to coat; shake off any excess.
While the chicken cooks, prepare the sauce ingredients.
Prep the sauce ingredients
- Peel and finely chop enough shallots to measure ¼ cup.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon.
- Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop the peppers.
- Cut the olives in half lengthwise.
Cook the sauce; finish the chicken
While the chicken cooks, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves. Set aside half for garnish.