In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean chickpea salad with freekeh, mushrooms, and pistachios
Mediterranean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
This hearty salad features a medley of nutritious plant-based ingredients, from chewy freekeh and creamy chickpeas to crisp radishes and crunchy pistachios.
In your bag
- 1 ounce golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- ½ cup freekeh
- 1 organic red onion
- 5 ounces organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- 2 to 4 organic radishes (about ¼ pound total)
- ¼ cup roasted pistachios
- ¼ pound organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- 1 teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
Calories: 530, Protein: 19g (38% DV), Fiber: 15g (60% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 14g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 160mg (7% DV), Carbohydrates: 69g (23% DV), Total Sugars: 15g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (pistachio), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the raisins; cook the freekeh
- In a medium bowl, combine the raisins and sherry vinegar. Let stand while you prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel the onion and thinly slice half the onion [1 onion]. Save the remaining half [remaining onion] for another use.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Trim the ends from the radishes; thinly slice the radishes, then coarsely chop.
- Coarsely chop the pistachios.
Brown the mushrooms
Assemble the chickpea salad; prep the spinach
In another medium bowl, toss together the spinach and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Combine the raisins and vinegar.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Assemble the chickpea salad.
- Toss the spinach.
- Top the spinach with the chickpea salad.