In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean flatbreads with beet salad and skordalia lima bean dip
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
A vegan masterpiece that you can whip up in just 15 minutes? Yup, all thanks to pre-roasted crimson beets and our house-made dressing and skordalia lima bean dip.
In your bag
- ½ pound peeled roasted beets
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh dill
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- 4 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain flatbreads
- Sunbasket skordalia lima bean dip (lima beans - extra virgin olive oil - lemon juice - maple syrup - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Calories 670, Total Fat 42g (54% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 670mg (29% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 16g
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the beet and carrot salads
- Cut a small corner from the beet packaging and drain off any excess liquid; coarsely chop the beets.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
- Juice half the lemon; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In a medium bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the beets, dill, and walnuts and toss to coat; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the carrots, lemon juice, and parsley; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toast and assemble the flatbreads
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the flatbreads, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven.
Spread the skordalia lima bean dip evenly over the flatbreads. Top with the beet salad and then the carrot salad.
Transfer the flatbreads to individual plates and serve with the lemon wedges.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Assemble the beet and carrot salads.
- Help assemble the flatbreads.