In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean garlic shrimp with Spanish rice
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 560 Calories/Serving
Bring the taste of the tapas bar home with these garlicky Spanish-style shrimp served over fragrant rice.
In your bag
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- ½ cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 or 4 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
Calories: 560, Protein: 21g (42% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 22g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 53g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the Spanish rice
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into 1-inch pieces.
- Rinse the rice.
Make the garlic–sherry vinegar mixture
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the shellfish
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
For the scallops:
- Pat the scallops dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
- Measure the onion.
- Rinse the rice.
- Measure the water for the rice.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the parsley leaves.