In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean honey-harissa salmon with apple-cabbage slaw
Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Spicy, Lean & Clean, Soy-Free, Carb-Conscious
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
With honey-harissa glazed salmon and crisp-tender squash, this Mediterranean dish radiates with the delicious colors of a sunset: golden yellow, bright orange, and ruby red.
In your bag
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 1 organic yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Calories: 540, Protein: 41g (82% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 210mg (9% DV), Carbohydrates: 41g (14% DV), Total Sugars: 29g, Added Sugars: 13g (26% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the fish
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey and harissa powder.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, or lightly grease. Place the fish (skin side down for the skin-on salmon, snapper, or barramundi) on the prepared sheet pan and brush the top of the fish evenly with the honey-harissa mixture. Roast, rotating the pan halfway through, until the fish is opaque and flaky, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the apple-cabbage slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Core and cut the apple into matchsticks.
In a large bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the cabbage and apple and toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the squash.
Prep and cook the squash
- Cut the squash into ½-inch pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper and as much sumac as you like.
Transfer the fish, apple-cabbage slaw, and squash to individual plates. Garnish with as much of the remaining sumac as you like and serve.
- Time the fish.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Garnish with the sumac.