In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean honey-harissa salmon with apple-cabbage slaw
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
With honey-harissa glazed salmon and crisp-tender squash, this Mediterranean dish radiates the delicious colors of a sunset: golden yellow, bright orange, and ruby red.
In your bag
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon harissa powder
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - tail-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets - center-cut (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised skin-on barramundi fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 wedge organic Savoy or other cabbage (about 7 ounces)
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- 1 organic yellow squash or zucchini
- 1 teaspoon sumac
Calories 570, Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 190mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 29g (Incl. 13g Added Sugars, 26% DV), Protein 28g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and roast the fish
Heat the oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, stir together the honey and harissa powder.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt.
Line a sheet pan with parchment paper or foil, or lightly grease. Place the fish (skin side down for the snapper or barramundi) on the prepared sheet pan and brush the top of the fish evenly with the honey-harissa mixture. Roast, rotating the pan halfway through, until the fish is opaque and flaky, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the apple-cabbage slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Core and cut the apple into matchsticks.
In a large bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the cabbage and apple and toss to combine; season to taste with salt and pepper. Let stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the squash.
Prep and cook the squash
- Cut the squash into ½-inch pieces.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the squash and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper and as much sumac as you like.
Transfer the fish, apple-cabbage slaw, and squash to individual plates. Garnish with as much of the remaining sumac as you like and serve.
- Time the fish.
- Assemble the slaw.
- Garnish with the sumac.