In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean lemon chicken
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
This iconic Mediterranean vegetable medley meets lemony-garlicky chicken to hit all the right notes in a satisfying paleo and gluten-free one-pan meal.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 sprigs organic fresh oregano
- ¾ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
Calories 370, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 3.5g (18% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 130mg (43% DV), Sodium 400mg (17% DV), Total Carb. 28g (10% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and marinate the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the zest for the vegetables. [Zest 1 lemon; juice both lemons.]
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic; set aside half for the vegetables.
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems and coarsely chop half; set aside the remaining whole leaves for garnish.
While the chicken marinates, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
Cook the chicken
- Juice the lemon.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the oregano leaves.
- Garnish with the oregano.