In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean lemon chicken
Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Paleo, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 370 Calories/Serving
This iconic Mediterranean vegetable medley meets lemony-garlicky chicken to hit all the right notes in a satisfying paleo and gluten-free one-pan meal.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 3 sprigs organic fresh oregano
- ¾ pound organic broccoli
- 1 organic red or other bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
Calories: 370, Protein: 32g (64% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 130mg (43% DV), Sodium: 400mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 28g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and marinate the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season with salt and pepper.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. Set aside the zest for the vegetables. [Zest 1 lemon; juice both lemons.]
- Finely chop, press, or grate the garlic; set aside half for the vegetables.
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems and coarsely chop half; set aside the remaining whole leaves for garnish.
While the chicken marinates, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; coarsely chop the pepper.
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
Cook the chicken
- Juice the lemon.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Strip the oregano leaves.
- Garnish with the oregano.