In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean meze platter with chicken and spicy tahini dressing
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Spicy, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
Hoorah! You’ve hit the jackpot with our Mediterranean meze platter. This rich gold mine has it all: lean chicken, cool cucumber, tender artichokes, and briny olives all spooned over cauliflower “rice.”
In your bag
- 1 organic cucumber
- ¼ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- Sunbasket turmeric spice blend (turmeric - coriander - cumin - Urfa chile flakes)
- Sunbasket Mediterranean dressing (extra virgin olive oil - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
- Sunbasket spicy tahini dressing base (tahini - lemon juice - extra virgin olive oil - harissa powder)
Calories 530, Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 135mg (45% DV), Sodium 520mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 19g (7% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 6g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber into enough ¼-inch pieces to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Cut the cauliflower lengthwise into quarters, discarding any leaves or thick stalks. Using a food processor fitted with the grater attachment, or the coarse holes of a box grater, coarsely grate the cauliflower. Alternatively, using a knife, cut the florets and tender stems into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Cut the olives in half, checking for any pits. Set aside for garnish.
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper and the turmeric spice blend.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the chicken and cook, turning occasionally, until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side for thighs, 4 to 6 minutes per side for breasts. Transfer to a plate. Do not clean the pan. While the chicken is cooking, prepare the Mediterranean salad.
Assemble the Mediterranean salad; cook the cauliflower “rice”
In a medium bowl, stir together the cucumber, artichokes, and Mediterranean dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
In the same pan used for the chicken, if dry, add 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Warm over medium heat until hot but not smoking. Add the cauliflower “rice,” season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, until the cauliflower starts to soften, 3 to 5 minutes [4 to 6 min]. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover partially to keep warm. While the cauliflower “rice” is cooking, finish the tomato and tahini dressing.
Finish the tomato and tahini dressing
In a small bowl, stir together the tomato and 1 to 2 teaspoon oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In another small bowl, stir together the spicy tahini dressing base, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil, and a pinch of sugar, if desired; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the cauliflower “rice” to individual plates. Top with the chicken, Mediterranean salad, tomato, and olives. Spoon over as much tahini dressing as you like and serve.
- Measure the cucumber.
- Assemble the Mediterranean salad.
- Stir the tomato with oil and seasonings.
- Help arrange the food on plates.