In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean meze platter with lamb, eggplant, and hard-cooked eggs
Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 780 Calories/Serving
Packed with lamb, eggplant, eggs, and a tahini dip, our meze platter is Mediterranean party food—even if it’s a party of one.
In your bag
- ¼ cup currants
- 2 organic eggs
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 1½ teaspoons baharat
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (fresh lemon juice - tahini - fresh garlic - fresh orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Calories 780, Total Fat 58g (74% DV), Sat. Fat 18g (90% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 255mg (85% DV), Sodium 170mg (7% DV), Total Carb. 35g (13% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 21g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the currants; cook the eggs
- In a small bowl, cover the currants with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 5 to 10 minutes, then drain.
While the currants soak and the eggs cook, prepare the lamb.
Prep and cook the lamb
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packages and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Add the currants and cook, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the pan.
While the lamb cooks, prepare the eggplant.
Prep and cook the eggplant
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into ½-inch cubes.
While the eggplant cooks, prepare the garnishes and the lemon-tahini dressing.
Prep the garnishes; make the dressing
- Juice half the lemon; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut 1 lemon into wedges.]
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise; season with salt and pepper.
- Fill a pot with water and a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the eggs.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Help arrange the meze platter.