In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean meze platter with lamb, eggplant, and hard-cooked eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 660 Calories/Serving
Savory eggplant, juicy tomatoes, and hearty hard-cooked eggs round out this colorful platter, while our lemon-tahini dressing brings the Mediterranean vibes.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- ¾ ounce currants
- 2 organic eggs
- Your choice of protein
- 1 organic globe eggplant
- 1½ teaspoons baharat
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
Calories 660, Total Fat 51g (65% DV), Sat. Fat 14g (70% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 225mg (75% DV), Sodium 135mg (6% DV), Total Carb. 27g (10% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 15g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Soak the currants; cook the eggs
- In a small bowl, cover the currants with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 5 to 10 minutes, then drain.
Bring a small sauce pot of water to a boil and fill a small bowl with ice water. Carefully lower the eggs into the boiling water and cook for 10 to 12 minutes for hard-cooked. Transfer the eggs to the ice water to cool. Carefully peel the eggs. While the currants are soaking and the eggs are cooking, prepare your protein.
Prep your protein
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; crumble or cut into ½-inch pieces.
Cook your protein
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the currants and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and cover to keep warm. Wipe out the pan. While your protein is cooking, prepare the eggplant.
Cook the eggplant
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant into ½-inch cubes.
In the same pan used for your protein, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the eggplant, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. (If working in batches, transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed. Return all the eggplant to the pan.)
Remove from the heat, stir in the baharat, and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the eggplant is cooking, prepare the garnishes and the lemon-tahini dressing.
Prep the garnishes; make the dressing
- Juice half the lemon; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise; season with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Place the bowl with the lemon-tahini dressing on a platter. Arrange your protein, eggplant, tomato, eggs, and lemon wedges alongside and serve.
- Fill a pot with water and a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the eggs.
- Juice the lemon.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Help arrange the meze platter.