In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean meze platter with lamb meatballs and tzatziki
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Carb-Conscious, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 760 Calories/Serving
Everything you need for a perfect plate of Mediterranean summer bliss: paleo lamb meatballs, cucumber, and more. We only suggest supplementing with good wine and good company.
In your bag
- ¼ cup currants
- 1 organic egg
- 10 ounces ground lamb
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh mint
- 1 organic yellow or other summer squash
- 1 teaspoon baharat
- 1 organic cucumber
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- Sunbasket paleo tzatziki (paleo mayo - coconut milk - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - dried dill)
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
Calories 760, Total Fat 62g (79% DV), Sat. Fat 20g (100% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 205mg (68% DV), Sodium 370mg (16% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 14g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts (coconut)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the currants; cook the egg
- In a small bowl, cover the currants with hot tap water and soak until plumped, 5 to 10 minutes, then drain.
While the currants soak and the egg cooks, prepare the meatballs and start the squash.
Prep the meatballs
- Cut a small corner from the ground lamb packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Prep and cook the squash
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
Cook the meatballs
While the meatballs cook, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Cut the egg in half lengthwise.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber on the diagonal into ¼-inch-thick slices.
In a small bowl, season the paleo tzatziki to taste with salt and pepper.
- Fill a bowl with ice water.
- Peel the egg.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Arrange the meze platter.