In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean mushroom-eggplant flatbreads with cucumber salad
Vegan, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Serve up these vegan Mediterranean flatbreads as a main course, or cut them into ready-made finger food, perfect to serve at any awards-season party.
In your bag
- 3 or 4 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- 3 ounces button mushrooms (such as cremini)
- 1 globe eggplant
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 red onion
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ pound cherry or grape tomatoes (see Market Watch note)
- 1 lemon
- 2 or 3 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1 green or red fresh chile (such as jalapeño or serrano) (optional)
- 4 naan flatbreads
Calories: 550, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 22g (34% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 2g (10% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 300mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 81g (27% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 4g (8% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the flatbread topping ingredients
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL].
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Remove the stem from the eggplant; cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into 1-inch-thick strips, the strips crosswise into ½-inch-thick pieces.
- Divide the sumac into two equal portions, one for the mushroom-eggplant topping and one for garnish.
Cook the mushrooms and eggplant
While the mushrooms and eggplant cook, prepare the cucumber salad.
Make the cucumber salad
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and trim the ends; cut the cucumber into quarters lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Juice half the lemon; cut the remaining half into wedges for garnish. [Juice 1 lemon; cut the remaining lemon into wedges.]
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems. Set aside half for garnish and coarsely chop the remaining leaves.
- Set aside a few cilantro sprigs for garnish; coarsely chop the remaining cilantro.
- If using the fresh chile, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; finely chop the chile. Wash your hands after handling.
Assemble and bake the flatbreads
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the mint leaves.
- Toss the cucumber salad.