In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean quinoa salad with ras el hanout–roasted vegetables
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Vegan
2 Servings, 640 Calories/Serving
Steamed quinoa is embellished with Moroccan-spiced roasted vegetables and a quick kale-lemon salad with pickled red onion for an easy, balanced vegan meal.
In your bag
- ½ cup rainbow quinoa
- 2 organic carrots
- ½ head organic cauliflower
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 teaspoon ras el hanout
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1 teaspoon red chile flakes (optional)
- 3 ounces organic baby kale or other leafy greens
Calories: 640, Protein: 18g (36% DV), Fiber: 14g (56% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 20g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 10g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 66g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 13g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the quinoa
- Rinse the quinoa.
While the quinoa cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep and roast the vegetables
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then on the diagonal into 2-inch lengths.
- Cut the cauliflower into 1-inch florets, discarding any leaves or thick stalks.
- Peel the onion and cut in half lengthwise; coarsely chop half for roasting and thinly slice half for pickling.
While the vegetables roast, prepare the rest of the meal.
Pickle the onion
Make the tahini spread and the kale salad
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems.
To the bowl with the pickled onion, stir in the lemon zest and 2 to 3 teaspoons oil. Add the kale and parsley and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the quinoa and roasted vegetable salad
- Season the vegetables for roasting.
- Pickle the onion.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Assemble the kale salad.
- Top the quinoa and vegetables with the salad.