In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean salad with falafel and Marcona almonds
Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean, Vegan
2 Servings, 680 Calories/Serving
These easy gluten-free and vegan falafel add a crunchy protein punch to this Greek-inspired salad, topped with Marcona almonds and lemon-tahini dressing.
In your bag
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas
- Sun Basket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- Sun Basket falafel blend (gluten-free panko - chickpea flour - granulated garlic - coriander - cumin)
- 1 organic cucumber
- 2 tablespoons pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 head organic Artisan romaine or other lettuce
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted Marcona almonds
Calories: 680, Protein: 17g (34% DV), Fiber: 11g (44% DV), Total Fat: 49g (75% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 37g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 410mg (17% DV), Carbohydrates: 44g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 9g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the dressing; prepare the falafel
- Rinse the chickpeas.
In a medium bowl, combine the chickpeas, falafel blend, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] dressing. Season generously with salt and pepper. Using a fork, masher, or the bottom of a bowl, mash to a fine paste, mixing well to combine; add 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water at a time as needed to help the mixture hold together. Using wet hands, form the mixture into four [eight] ½-inch-thick patties.
Cook the falafel
While the falafel cook, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Peel the cucumber, if desired; cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, then crosswise into enough thin half-moons to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; coarsely chop any large pieces.
- Peel and thinly slice enough onion to measure ½ cup [1 cup].
- Trim the root end from the lettuce; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Rinse the chickpeas.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Mash the chickpea mixture.
- Form the falafel patties.
- Assemble the salad.