In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean salmon with white bean–artichoke salad
Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, Mediterranean, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
This quick, gluten-free Mediterranean fish dish delivers light yet hearty protein served atop a warm white bean salad and drizzled with a Dijon mustard–caper dressing.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 wild Alaskan skin-on salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ⅓ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sun Basket Dijon dressing base (Dijon mustard - cornichons - capers - dried dill)
Calories: 460, Protein: 42g (84% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 21g (32% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 135mg (45% DV), Sodium: 470mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 22g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
For skin-on salmon: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 1 to 2 minutes.
For skinless salmon: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For halibut: Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
For snapper: Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the salad and the dressing.
Make the white bean–artichoke salad
- Peel the shallots and cut them crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Finish the Dijon dressing
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the dressing.
- Drizzle the fish with dressing.