In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean salmon with white bean and artichoke salad
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Pescatarian, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 500 Calories/Serving
We’ve combined iconic ingredients from northern Italy and southern France to create a vibrant fish dish with creamy white beans, tender artichokes, and bright lemon juice.
In your bag
- Fish options:
- 2 sustainably raised Faroe Islands skinless salmon fillets (about 5 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan skinless halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild skin-on snapper fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- ½ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- 1 organic lemon
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Sunbasket Dijon dressing base (Dijon mustard - cornichons - capers - dried dill)
Calories 500, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 65mg (22% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 24g (9% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 4g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the fish
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking.
For salmon and halibut:
Add the fish and cook until lightly browned on the bottom side, 4 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Add the fish, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn and cook until the flesh is opaque and flaky, 2 to 4 minutes.
Transfer to a plate. Meanwhile, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the white bean and artichoke salad
- Peel the shallots and cut them crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices. Separate the slices into rings.
- Rinse the white beans.
- Coarsely chop the artichoke hearts.
- Juice the lemon. [Juice 1 lemon; save the remaining lemon for another use.]
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
In another large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shallots, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in the beans and artichokes and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the parsley and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the Dijon dressing
In a small bowl, stir together the Dijon dressing base, 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] oil, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] water. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the white bean and artichoke salad to individual plates. Top with the fish and drizzle with as much Dijon dressing as you like. Serve any remaining dressing on the side.
- Rinse the beans.
- Juice the lemon.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Stir the dressing.
- Drizzle the fish with dressing.