In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean shrimp and couscous salad with green goddess dressing
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 530 Calories/Serving
If food is art, then couscous is our blank canvas. With crisp snap peas, juicy tomatoes, and sweet mini peppers, this quick-cooking pasta is transformed into a delicious masterpiece.
In your bag
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- ¼ pound organic sugar snap or snow peas
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- Sunbasket green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories 530, Total Fat 21g (27% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 175mg (58% DV), Sodium 540mg (23% DV), Total Carb. 54g (20% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 5g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the couscous and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain the couscous, reserving 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] cooking water, and rinse the couscous under cold water, then transfer to a large bowl. Toss with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the water is heating and the couscous is cooking, prepare the shellfish.
Prep and cook the shellfish
For shrimp and jumbo shrimp:
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then cut the shrimp into quarters.
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then cut the scallops into quarters.
While the shellfish are cooking and cooling, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables; assemble the salad
- Trim the ends from the snap or snow peas if needed; cut the pods crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rings.
- In a small bowl, stir together the green goddess dressing and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] reserved couscous cooking water.
To the bowl with the couscous, add the snap or snow peas, tomatoes, sweet mini peppers, shellfish, and green goddess dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the couscous salad to individual bowls and serve.
- Salt the water for the couscous.
- Toss the cooked couscous with oil and season.
- Time the shellfish.
- Stir the green goddess dressing and water.
- Assemble the couscous salad.