In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean shrimp and couscous salad with green goddess dressing
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
In this fast weeknight meal, pearl couscous becomes a delicious blank canvas for crisp snap peas, sweet mini peppers, and pan-cooked shellfish.
In your bag
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- Shellfish options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 10 ounces wild sea scallops
- 3 ounces organic sugar snap peas
- 3 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 2 ounces organic sweet mini peppers
- Sun Basket green goddess dressing (paleo mayo - parsley - apple cider vinegar - scallions - anchovy paste - garlic - kosher salt)
Calories: 540, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g, Saturated Fat: 3g (15% DV), Cholesterol: 175mg (58% DV), Sodium: 540mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 53g (18% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Fish (anchovy), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the couscous
Bring a medium sauce pot of generously salted water to a boil. Add the couscous and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain the couscous, reserving 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] cooking water, and rinse under cold water, then transfer to a large bowl. Toss with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. While the water is heating and the couscous is cooking, prepare the shellfish.
Prep and cook the shellfish
For the shrimp or jumbo shrimp:
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shrimp and cook, turning once, until firm and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side for regular shrimp, 2 to 3 minutes per side for jumbo shrimp. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then cut the shrimp into quarters.
For the scallops:
- Rinse and drain the scallops. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Season lightly with salt.
In a large frying pan over high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the scallops and cook without turning until golden brown on one side and starting to turn opaque, 2 to 4 minutes. Turn and continue cooking for about 30 seconds for translucent or 1 to 2 minutes for opaque. Transfer to a cutting board to cool slightly, then cut the scallops into quarters.
While the shellfish are cooking and cooling, start preparing the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables; assemble the salad
- Cut the sugar snap peas crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the sweet mini peppers; cut the peppers crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rings.
- In a small bowl, stir together the green goddess dressing and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] reserved couscous cooking water.
To the bowl with the couscous, add the snap peas, tomatoes, sweet mini peppers, shellfish, and green goddess dressing and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the shrimp and couscous salad to individual bowls and serve.
- Salt the water for the couscous.
- Toss the cooked couscous with oil and season.
- Time the shellfish.
- Stir the green goddess dressing and water.
- Assemble the couscous salad.