In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean shrimp and fire-roasted tomatoes over polenta
Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 440 Calories/Serving
Flavors of land and sea, unite! This Mediterranean cousin to shrimp and grits starts with rich, creamy polenta and ends with wild-caught shrimp, juicy tomatoes, and a briny caper vinaigrette.
In your bag
- ½ cup polenta
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 cup diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- Sunbasket caper vinaigrette (extra virgin olive oil - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
Calories: 440, Protein: 22g (44% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 0g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 500mg (21% DV), Carbohydrates: 49g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the polenta
In a medium sauce pot, bring 2 cups [4 cups] lightly salted water to a boil. Add the polenta in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Reduce to a simmer and cook, whisking occasionally, until the polenta is tender and the mixture is thick and creamy, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in 2 to 3 teaspoons butter or oil (from your pantry), and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm. While the water is heating and the polenta is cooking, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans in half crosswise.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Rinse and drain the shrimp. Pat dry on a paper-towel-lined plate. Lay the shrimp flat and carefully cut each in half horizontally. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the vegetables and shrimp
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the shallots and green beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are very soft and can easily be crushed with the back of a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the caper vinaigrette and shrimp and toss to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for regular shrimp, 3 to 4 minutes for jumbo shrimp. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the polenta to individual bowls and top with the shrimp, vegetables, and sauce. Garnish with the parsley and serve.
- Measure and salt the water for the polenta.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the vegetables.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the parsley.