In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean shrimp and fire-roasted tomatoes over polenta
Mediterranean, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free
2 Servings, 450 Calories/Serving
In our spin on Southern-style shrimp and grits, we swap out grits for creamy polenta and serve it with wild shrimp, fire-roasted tomatoes, and briny capers.
In your bag
- ½ cup polenta
- 1 or 2 organic shallots
- ¼ pound organic green beans
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Shrimp options:
- 10 ounces wild Gulf shrimp
- 10 ounces wild tail-on jumbo shrimp
- 1 cup crushed fire-roasted tomatoes
- Sun Basket caper vinaigrette (EVOO - capers - red wine vinegar - Dijon mustard - garlic)
Calories: 450, Protein: 23g (46% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 18g (28% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 13g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 640mg (27% DV), Carbohydrates: 48g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Cook the polenta
While the water heats and the polenta cooks, prepare the rest of the meal.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and thinly slice the shallots.
- Trim the ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans in half crosswise.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves for garnish.
- Rinse the shrimp, then drain on a paper-towel-lined plate and pat dry. Lay the shrimp flat and carefully cut each in half horizontally. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook the vegetables and shrimp
Add the shallots and green beans, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] water, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes are very soft and can easily be crushed with the back of a spoon, 4 to 5 minutes.
Stir in the caper vinaigrette and shrimp and toss to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes for regular shrimp, 3 to 4 minutes for jumbo shrimp. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Measure and salt the water for the polenta.
- Strip the parsley leaves.
- Measure the water for the vegetables.
- Garnish with the parsley.