In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean-style tempeh pitas with spinach-artichoke spread
Vegan, Carb-Conscious, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 550 Calories/Serving
Bursting with good-for-you Mediterranean flavors, these vegan sandwiches come together in 20 minutes and are sure to satisfy.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic flax tempeh
- ¼ pound organic broccoli
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 ounces roasted red peppers
- Sun Basket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole wheat pita breads
- Sun Basket spinach-artichoke spread (artichoke hearts - spinach - cashew butter - lemon juice - EVOO - kosher salt - granulated garlic - nutritional yeast - red chile flakes - onion powder)
Calories: 550, Protein: 30g (60% DV), Fiber: 19g (76% DV), Total Fat: 25g (38% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 1080mg (45% DV), Carbohydrates: 52g (17% DV), Total Sugars: 5g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (almond, cashew), Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Pat the tempeh dry with a paper towel. Crumble or cut the tempeh into ½-inch pieces.
Prep the vegetables
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Cut the olives in half crosswise, checking for any pits.
- Scrape off any seeds from the roasted red peppers; cut the peppers into ¼-inch-wide strips.
Cook the tempeh and broccoli
Warm the pita breads; assemble the pitas
Slather the spinach-artichoke spread inside the pitas. Fill with the tempeh-broccoli mixture, olives, and roasted red peppers.
- Pat the tempeh dry.
- Crumble the tempeh.
- Measure the water for the tempeh.
- Slather the spinach-artichoke spread.
- Fill the pita breads.