In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean tomato-braised cod and broccoli with preserved lemon
Paleo, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 340 Calories/Serving
Chef Justine’s ingenious side of charred broccoli florets adds a healthy crunch to pair with this deceptively simple fish stew.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 1 anchovy fillet
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sunbasket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- 2 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Calories 340, Total Fat 17g (22% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 550mg (24% DV), Total Carb. 21g (8% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 37g
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the broccoli
- Cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets; trim any coarse stems.
- Remove any pulp from the preserved lemon; thinly slice the peel.
While the broccoli cooks, prepare the stew.
Prep and cook the fish stew
- Coarsely chop the anchovy.
- Pat the fish dry with a paper towel; cut the fish into 1½-inch pieces (discarding the trout skin if desired). Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Remove from the heat, season to taste with salt and pepper, and drizzle with 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil.
- Time the cooking.
- Measure the water for the stew.
- Drizzle the stew with oil.