Mediterranean tomato-braised cod and broccoli with preserved lemon
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Mediterranean, Dairy-Free, Paleo
Chef Justine’s ingenious side of charred broccoli florets adds a healthy crunch to pair with this deceptively simple fish stew.
In your bag
- ½ pound organic broccoli
- 1 wedge preserved lemon
- 1 anchovy fillet
- Fish options:
- 2 wild cod fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 wild Alaskan halibut fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 sustainably raised rainbow trout fillets (about 6 ounces each)
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sun Basket tomato sauce base (tomatoes - tomato paste - fresh garlic)
- ½ teaspoon Marash chile flakes (optional)
- 2 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
Make It Leaner
Skip the final drizzle of olive oil in Step 3 to shave off 60 calories and 7 grams of fat per serving.
Preserved lemons are a signature Moroccan ingredient and deserve a place in your pantry. Packed with salt, lemon juice, and sometimes spices, their peels take on a delicious brininess over a month or so of aging, perfect for perking up braises, salads, and cheese sandwiches.
Calories: 340, Protein: 37g (74% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 17g (26% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 80mg (27% DV), Sodium: 550mg (23% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 7g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Fish (anchovy)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ¼ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.