In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean turkey and spinach skillet with sun-dried tomato tapenade
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Dairy-Free, Carb-Conscious, Paleo
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
We recommend singing a little Ella Fitzgerald as you prep and plate this one-pan wonder in just 15 minutes. “Summertime and the living is easy...”
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomato strips (not in oil)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pistachios
- Sunbasket Mediterranean lemon dressing (extra virgin olive oil - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
Calories: 460, Protein: 26g (52% DV), Fiber: 6g (24% DV), Total Fat: 31g (48% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 930mg (39% DV), Carbohydrates: 21g (7% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Tree Nuts (pistachio)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Coarsely chop the artichokes.
Prep your protein; cook the skillet
- Ground meat (including plant-based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch cubes.
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring to break up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the garlic-herb blend and artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper. While the skillet is cooking, prepare the tapenade.
Make the sun-dried tomato tapenade
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Coarsely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the pistachios.
In a medium bowl, combine the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pistachios, Mediterranean lemon dressing, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season lightly to taste with salt and generously with pepper and toss to combine.
Transfer your protein and vegetables to individual bowls. Spoon over as much sun-dried tomato tapenade as you like and serve.
- Time the cooking.
- Crush the pistachios.
- Stir the tapenade.
- Spoon over the tapenade.