In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean turkey and spinach skillet with sun-dried tomato tapenade
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
We recommend singing a little Ella Fitzgerald as you prep and plate this one-pan wonder in just 15 minutes. “Summertime and the livin’ is easy…”
In your bag
- 1 organic red onion
- ¼ cup cooked quartered artichoke hearts
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket garlic-herb blend (granulated garlic - dried thyme - dried oregano)
- 3 ounces organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- 3 tablespoons dry-roasted pistachios
- Sunbasket Mediterranean lemon dressing base (extra virgin olive oil - lemon juice - garlic - kosher salt - lemon zest - black pepper - dried oregano)
Calories 460, Total Fat 31g (40% DV), Sat. Fat 5g (25% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 930mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 21g (8% DV), Fiber 6g (21% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Contains: Tree Nuts (pistachio)
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables and your protein
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion.
- Coarsely chop the artichokes.
- Ground meat (including plant based): Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Tofu: Pat the tofu dry with paper towels; cut into ½-inch pieces.
Cook the skillet
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 tablespoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. Add your protein, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring and breaking up the ground meat if using, until the protein is lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the garlic-herb blend and artichokes and cook, stirring occasionally, until your protein is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the spinach. Season to taste with salt and pepper. While the skillet is cooking, prepare the tapenade.
Make the sun-dried tomato tapenade
- Coarsely chop the olives, checking for any pits.
- Coarsely chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the pistachios.
In a medium bowl, stir together the olives, sun-dried tomatoes, pistachios, Mediterranean lemon dressing base, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil. Season lightly to taste with salt and generously with pepper.
Transfer your protein and vegetables to individual bowls. Spoon on as much sun-dried tomato tapenade as you like and serve any remaining tapenade on the side.
- Time the cooking.
- Crush the pistachios.
- Stir the tapenade.
- Spoon on the tapenade.