In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean turkey kebabs with carrot and squash ribbon salad
Dairy-Free, Lean & Clean, Mediterranean, Paleo, Carb-Conscious, Family-Friendly, Diabetes-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Nutty about nut butter? Then you’re going to love tahini. Made of heart-healthy sesame seeds, this smooth paste coats every bite of our Mediterranean-spiced kebabs.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Your choice of protein
- 1½ teaspoons baharat
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- Wooden skewers
Calories: 420, Protein: 25g (50% DV), Fiber: 5g (20% DV), Total Fat: 29g (45% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 10g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 4g (20% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 180mg (8% DV), Carbohydrates: 18g (6% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the kebab mixture
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the salad.
- Cut a small corner from your protein packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine your protein, baharat, and half the cilantro. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Set the bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up the mixture. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the carrot and squash ribbon salad
- Set aside half the sumac for garnish.
- Peel or scrub the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base, half the sumac, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss together the carrots, zucchini, remaining cilantro, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon-tahini dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble and cook the kebabs
- Using wet hands, form the kebab mixture into 4  ovals; thread each onto a wooden skewer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the kebabs and cook, carefully turning with a spatula, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
Transfer the kebabs to individual plates and dollop with the remaining lemon-tahini dressing. Garnish with the remaining sumac and serve with the carrot and squash ribbon salad.
- Divide the cilantro and sumac.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Assemble the salad.
- Dollop the kebabs with dressing.