In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean turkey kebabs with carrot and squash ribbon salad
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Diabetes-Friendly, Carb-Conscious, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 420 Calories/Serving
Nutty about nut butter? Then you’re going to love tahini. Made of heart-healthy sesame seeds, this smooth paste coats every bite of our Mediterranean-spiced kebabs.
In your bag
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- Your choice of protein
- 1½ teaspoons baharat
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1 or 2 organic carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- 2 organic zucchini or yellow squash
- Sunbasket lemon-tahini dressing base (lemon juice - tahini - garlic - orange juice - Marash chile flakes)
- Wooden skewers
Calories 420, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 4g (20% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 180mg (8% DV), Total Carb. 18g (7% DV), Fiber 5g (18% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 25g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the kebab mixture
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the salad.
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, baharat, and half the cilantro. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix gently until just combined. Using a spoon, scoop the mixture into 4  ovals and transfer to a plate; freeze for 10 minutes to firm up. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the carrot and squash ribbon salad
- Set aside half the sumac for garnish.
- Peel or scrub the carrots and trim the ends. Lay the carrots flat; using a peeler, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin ribbons.
- Lay the zucchini flat. Trim and discard the round end. Holding the stem end secure, using a peeler, shave the zucchini lengthwise into thin ribbons. Pat dry with a paper towel.
- Alternatively, thinly slice the carrots and zucchini with a mandoline or sharp knife (see Chef’s Tip).
In a small bowl, stir together the lemon-tahini dressing base, half the sumac, and 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
In a large bowl, toss together the carrots, zucchini, remaining cilantro, and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon-tahini dressing (set aside the remaining dressing for serving). Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble and cook the kebabs
- Remove the kebabs from the freezer and thread each onto a wooden skewer.
In a large frying pan over medium heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Working in batches if needed, add the kebabs and cook, carefully turning with a spatula, until browned and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add more oil between batches if needed.
Transfer the kebabs to individual plates and drizzle with the remaining lemon-tahini dressing. Garnish with the remaining sumac and serve with the carrot and squash ribbon salad.
- Divide the cilantro and sumac.
- Scrub the carrots.
- Stir the lemon-tahini dressing.
- Assemble the salad.
- Drizzle the kebabs with dressing.