In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mediterranean two-bean pitas with tomatoes, basil pesto, and kale salad
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Vegan
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
These vegan, fresh-from-the-garden pitas are the perfect way to celebrate nature’s bounty: light, herbaceous, and packed with mixed vegetables.
In your bag
- 6 ounces organic green beans
- 1 or 2 cloves organic peeled fresh garlic
- 6 ounces organic grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked white beans
- 2 Atoria’s Family Bakery whole grain pita breads
- 2 ounces organic shredded kale
- Sunbasket basil pesto (extra virgin olive oil - walnuts - basil - garlic - kosher salt - black pepper)
Nutrition per serving
Calories 690, Total Fat 48g (62% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 780mg (34% DV), Total Carb. 55g (20% DV), Fiber 12g (43% DV), Total Sugars 7g (Incl. 1g Added Sugars, 2% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Tree Nuts (walnut), Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Trim the stem ends from the green beans if needed; cut the beans into ½-inch lengths.
- Finely chop, press, or grate enough garlic to measure 1 teaspoon [2 tsp].
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters. Divide into two equal portions, one for cooking with the vegetables and one for the kale salad.
- Rinse the white beans.
Cook the vegetables
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Stir in the green beans and cook until crisp-tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the garlic and half the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is fragrant and the tomatoes start to soften, 2 to 3 minutes.
Stir in the white beans and cook until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to a medium bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper. Wipe out the pan. While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the pita breads.
Prep and toast the pita
- Gently pull apart the pita breads to form 4  thin rounds.
In the same pan used for the vegetables, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add 1 pita round at a time and cook, turning once, until lightly browned and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and season lightly with salt. Repeat with the remaining pita rounds, adding more oil if needed. Meanwhile, prepare the salad.
Make the kale salad
In a medium bowl, combine the kale with 2 to 3 teaspoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and gently massage the leaves. Stir in the remaining tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer 2 pita rounds to each individual plate and spread with the pesto. Top with the vegetables and kale salad and serve.
- Press the garlic (if you have a press).
- Rinse the white beans.
- Pull apart the pita breads.
- Make the kale salad.
- Help assemble the pitas.