In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Merguez-spiced pork and sweet potato hash with apple and chimichurri
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Carb-Conscious, No Added Sugar, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 590 Calories/Serving
We reimagine classic American hash with globe-trotting flavors to make your taste buds sing. Here we go for North African spices in the meat, sweet potatoes instead of regular, and an awesome sauce that’ll be gone in seconds.
In your bag
- 1 organic sweet potato
- 1 organic Fuji or other apple
- Your choice of protein
- Sunbasket merguez spice blend (fennel seeds - sweet paprika - granulated garlic - cumin - coriander)
- 2 ounces organic chopped kale or other leafy greens
- Sunbasket chimichurri (extra virgin olive oil - parsley - red wine vinegar - cilantro - garlic - cumin - kosher salt)
Calories 590, Total Fat 36g (46% DV), Sat. Fat 11g (55% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 80mg (27% DV), Sodium 230mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 41g (15% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 16g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 26g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the ingredients
- Scrub or peel the sweet potato. Cut the potato into ¼-inch pieces.
- Peel the apple, if desired; core and cut into ¼-inch pieces.
- Cut a small corner from the ground meat packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the hash
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. [If cooking for 4 people, use 2 large frying pans; divide the ingredients between the pans and cook as directed.] Add the sweet potato, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the ground meat, season with salt and pepper and the merguez spice blend, and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until lightly browned but not yet cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in the apple and cook until starting to soften, 1 to 2 minutes. Working in batches if needed, stir in the kale and cook until just wilted and the meat is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Transfer the hash to individual bowls, drizzle with the chimichurri, and serve.
- Scrub the sweet potato.
- Time the cooking.
- Drizzle the chimichurri.