In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mexican meatball soup
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
This rich vegetable and meatball soup, also known as albondigas, is pure Mexican soul food. Served with fresh cilantro and lime, it’s a delicious comfort meal in cold or warm weather. Gentle handling is the key to tender meatballs: Instead of mashing the meat into shape, pat it with as little force as possible. Don’t worry if they aren’t perfectly round.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 to 2 carrots
- 1 pound summer squash
- Fresh oregano
- Broth spice mix (cumin - coriander)
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo chile (optional)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 10 ounces ground beef
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Meatball spice blend (garlic - smoked paprika - coriander - coconut flour)
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 lime
Calories 540, Total Fat 28g (36% DV), Sat. Fat 14g (70% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 170mg (57% DV), Sodium 800mg (35% DV), Total Carb. 39g (14% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Protein 39g
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the vegetables
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Scrub and cut the carrot in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal ¼ inch thick.
- Trim and discard the ends of the summer squash. Cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise on the diagonal ¼ inch thick.
- Pick and coarsely chop the oregano leaves; discard the stems.
Make the meatballs; prep the garnishes
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Cut the lime into wedges.