In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mexican meatball soup with butternut squash and cilantro
Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Paleo
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
This homey soup makes for an easy one-pot dinner. A squeeze of lime at the end helps wake up the flavor of the paleo beef and pork meatballs.
In your bag
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 or 2 carrots (about 6 ounces total)
- ½ pound chopped peeled butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 5 ounces ground beef
- 5 ounces ground pork
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- Meatball spice blend (cumin - granulated garlic - coriander - dried Mexican oregano)
- 1 lime
- ¼ pound shredded Savoy cabbage
Calories 660, Protein: 540, Protein: 38g (76% DV), Fiber: 12g (48% DV), Total Fat: 23g (35% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 15g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2.5g, Saturated Fat: 5g (25% DV), Cholesterol: 165mg (55% DV), Sodium: 320mg (13% DV), Carbohydrates: 47g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 18g, Added Sugar: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Scrub or peel the carrots and trim off the ends; cut the carrots in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
Start the soup
While the soup cooks, prepare the meatballs.
Prep the meatballs
- Finely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
- Cut a small corner from the ground beef packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel. Repeat with the ground pork.
Cook the meatballs; finish the soup
While the meatballs cook, prepare the lime.
Prep the lime