In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mexican red rice with black beans, corn, and fried eggs
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Our south-of-the-border spin on fried rice is so nutritious, the rice isn’t fried. Beans and corn bring the protein and keep the vegetarian dish gluten-free.
In your bag
- ½ cup Bhutanese red rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 ear corn
- 1 poblano (optional)
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Sunbasket New Mexican chile blend (dried Mexican chile - fresh garlic - ground coriander - dried Mexican oregano - olive oil - salt)
Total Fat 33g (42% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 155mg (52% DV), Sodium 770mg (33% DV), Total Carb. 65g (24% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 8g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 16g
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Shuck the corn. Lay the cob flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- If using the poblano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; coarsely chop the poblano. Wash your hands after handling.
- Rinse the black beans.
Cook the vegetables
Cook the eggs