In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mexican red rice with black beans, corn, and fried eggs
Soy-Free, Lean & Clean, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Dairy-Free
2 Servings, 600 Calories/Serving
Our south-of-the-border spin on fried rice is so nutritious, the rice isn’t fried. Beans and corn bring the protein and keep the vegetarian dish gluten-free.
In your bag
- ½ cup Bhutanese red rice
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 ear corn
- 1 poblano (optional)
- ½ cup cooked black beans
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- Sunbasket New Mexican chile blend (dried Mexican chile - fresh garlic - ground coriander - dried Mexican oregano - olive oil - salt)
Protein: 16g (32% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 21g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 155mg (52% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 65g (22% DV), Total Sugars: 8g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Wash produce before use
Cook the rice
While the rice cooks, prepare the vegetables.
Prep the vegetables
- Peel and coarsely chop the yellow onion.
- Trim the ends from the zucchini; cut the zucchini lengthwise into quarters, then crosswise into 1-inch pieces.
- Shuck the corn. Lay the cob flat and cut the kernels from the cob.
- If using the poblano, remove the stem, ribs, and seeds; coarsely chop the poblano. Wash your hands after handling.
- Rinse the black beans.
Cook the vegetables
Cook the eggs