In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mexican street tacos with tomatillo-simmered chicken and lime yogurt
Gluten-Free, Soy-Free, Diabetes-Friendly
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Instead of traveling south of the border for tacos, you can make them in your kitchen, complete with tomatillo-sauced chicken and a punchy onion salsa.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons organic Greek yogurt
- Tomatillo simmer sauce (tomatillos - mild green chiles - yellow onion - scallion - fresh cilantro - pumpkin seeds - fresh garlic - sesame seeds)
- ¼ pound organic mini sweet peppers
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
Calories 460, Total Fat 16g (21% DV), Sat. Fat 2.5g (13% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 115mg (38% DV), Sodium 260mg (11% DV), Total Carb. 45g (16% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 35g
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the onion salsa and the lime yogurt.
Make the onion salsa and lime yogurt
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the salsa and the yogurt).
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
In another small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lime zest, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lime juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the chicken and sauce
While the chicken and sauce cook, prepare the peppers and the tortillas.
Prep and cook the peppers
- Remove the stems from the mini sweet peppers and shake out the seeds. Thinly slice the peppers crosswise into rings.
Warm the tortillas
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Stir the onion salsa and lime yogurt.
- Assemble the tacos.