In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mexican street tacos with tomatillo-simmered chicken and lime yogurt
Family-Friendly, Gluten-Free, Diabetes-Friendly, Soy-Free
2 Servings, 460 Calories/Serving
Instead of traveling south of the border for tacos, you can make them in your kitchen, complete with tomatillo-sauced chicken and a punchy onion salsa.
In your bag
- Chicken options:
- 2 to 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 10 ounces total)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic lime
- 4 or 5 sprigs organic fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons organic Greek yogurt
- Tomatillo simmer sauce (tomatillos - mild green chiles - yellow onion - scallion - fresh cilantro - pumpkin seeds - fresh garlic - sesame seeds)
- ¼ pound organic mini sweet peppers
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
Make It Ahead
The chicken in the tomatillo sauce (Steps 1 and 3) and the onion salsa and lime yogurt (Step 2) can be prepared up to 1 day ahead. Let the chicken cool in the sauce, then cover the chicken, salsa, and lime yogurt separately and refrigerate overnight. When ready to serve, proceed with Steps 4, 5, and 6.
Calories: 460, Protein: 35g (70% DV), Fiber: 10g (40% DV), Total Fat: 16g (25% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g (13% DV), Cholesterol: 115mg (38% DV), Sodium: 260mg (11% DV), Carbohydrates: 45g (15% DV), Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep and cook the chicken
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel; season generously with salt and pepper.
While the chicken cooks and cools, prepare the onion salsa and the lime yogurt.
Make the onion salsa and lime yogurt
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Zest and juice the lime, keeping the zest and juice separate (the juice will be divided between the salsa and the yogurt).
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for garnish.
In another small bowl, stir together the yogurt, lime zest, and 1 teaspoon [2 tsp] lime juice; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Finish the chicken and sauce
While the chicken and sauce cook, prepare the peppers and the tortillas.
Prep and cook the peppers
- Remove the stems from the mini sweet peppers and shake out the seeds. Thinly slice the peppers crosswise into rings.
Warm the tortillas
- Measure the onion.
- Juice the lime.
- Divide the cilantro.
- Stir the onion salsa and lime yogurt.
- Assemble the tacos.