Middle Eastern sausage patties with tomato-pistachio relish
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
These easy patties have wonderfully complex flavor, seasoned partly with baharat, a classic Middle Eastern blend of paprika, coriander, and cumin. We love the contrast of the warming spices against the cooling relish with tangy preserved lemon and fresh mint.
In your bag
- 14 ounces cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- Fresh dill
- 1 ounce pistachios
- 5 ounces ground lamb
- 5 ounces ground beef
- Sausage spice blend (baharat - garlic powder - salt)
- ¼ pound cherry tomatoes
- 1½ ounces Castelvetrano olives
- Preserved lemon peel
- Fresh mint
Roast the cauliflower and red onion
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Peel the red onion and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rounds; separate the rounds into rings.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Toast the pistachios
Prep the sausage patties
- Drain the ground lamb and beef on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Cook the sausage patties
Make the relish
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Finely chop the preserved lemon peel.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Calories: 650, Protein: 40 g, Fiber: 9 g, Total Fat: 44 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 25.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Sodium: 1000 mg, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Added Sugar: 1 g.
Contains: Tree Nuts