Middle Eastern sausage patties with tomato-pistachio relish
Gluten Free, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free
These easy patties have wonderfully complex flavor, seasoned partly with baharat, a classic Middle Eastern blend of paprika, coriander, and cumin. We love the contrast of the warming spices against the cooling relish with tangy preserved lemon and fresh mint.
- 14 ounces cauliflower
- 1 red onion
- Fresh dill
- 1 ounce pistachios
- 5 ounces ground lamb
- 5 ounces ground beef
- Sausage spice blend (baharat - garlic powder - salt)
- ¼ pound cherry tomatoes
- 1½ ounces Castelvetrano olives
- Preserved lemon peel
- Fresh mint
Roast the cauliflower and red onion
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Peel the red onion and cut crosswise into ¼-inch-thick rounds; separate the rounds into rings.
- Coarsely chop the dill.
Toast the pistachios
Prep the sausage patties
- Drain the ground lamb and beef on a paper-towel-lined plate.
Cook the sausage patties
Make the relish
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Coarsely chop the olives.
- Finely chop the preserved lemon peel.
- Strip the mint leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Nutrition per serving: Calories: 650, Protein: 40 g, Total Fat: 44 g, Monounsaturated Fat: 25.5 g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5 g, Saturated Fat: 11 g, Cholesterol: 105 mg, Carbohydrates: 29 g, Fiber: 9 g, Added Sugar: 1 g, Sodium: 1000 mg
Contains: tree nuts