In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Middle Eastern turkey and rice skillet with orange-romaine salad
Soy-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Family-Friendly, Mediterranean
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Inspired by the homey Lebanese dish hashweh, this one-pot wonder is made with lean ground turkey, fragrant rice, and our aromatic seven-spice blend.
In your bag
- 3 tablespoons raisins
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Sun Basket Lebanese seven-spice blend (allspice - cloves - fenugreek - black pepper - nutmeg - cinnamon - ground ginger)
- 3 ounces organic shredded carrots
- ¾ cup long-grain white rice
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic orange
- 1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
Despite the name, allspice is not a mixture of spices but is the dried berry of the Pimenta dioica tree, native to Jamaica and Central America. It tastes like a mild blend of clove and nutmeg, a flavor you might recognize from jerk seasoning.
Calories: 670, Protein: 29g (58% DV), Fiber: 9g (36% DV), Total Fat: 24g (37% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 11g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 1.5g, Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 360mg (15% DV), Carbohydrates: 87g (29% DV), Total Sugars: 20g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Prep the turkey and rice skillet ingredients
- In a small bowl, cover the raisins with hot tap water and soak until plumped.
- Peel and finely chop enough onion to measure 1 cup [2 cups].
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
- Measure 2 teaspoons [4 tsp] Lebanese seven-spice blend; save the rest for another use.
- Coarsely chop the carrots; set aside 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] for garnish.
Cook the turkey and rice skillet
Add the vegetable broth and 1 cup [2 cups] water and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook until the rice is tender, the liquid is absorbed, and the turkey is cooked through, 17 to 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Drain the raisins and fold them into the rice along with all but 2 tablespoons [¼ cup] carrots. Cover, and keep warm.
When the skillet is almost done, prepare the salad.
Make the salad
- Trim the root end from the romaine; thinly slice the leaves crosswise.
- Using your hands or a sharp knife, peel the orange; cut the orange in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons. Discard any seeds.
- Measure the onion and carrots.
- Peel the orange by hand.
- Assemble the salad.
- Garnish with the carrots.