In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Middle Eastern turkey meatballs with cauliflower “couscous”
Gluten-Free Friendly, Dairy-Free, Soy-Free, Paleo, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 690 Calories/Serving
Lean ground turkey has about as much protein as beef, without the higher calories or fat. Its milder flavor also means it takes well to seasonings like the baharat in our meatball spice blend. Meaning “spices” in Arabic, baharat contains quite a few; ours, from Oaktown Spice Shop, includes paprika, cumin, and black pepper. A bed of steamed, finely chopped cauliflower helps catch the fragrant sauce.
In your bag
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pasture-raised organic egg
- ½ cup almond meal
- Meatball spice blend (baharat - granulated garlic - coriander)
- 1 to 2 shallots
- ¼ cup Castelvetrano olives
- Fresh oregano
- 1½ cups diced tomatoes
- ¾ pound cauliflower “couscous”
Calories 690, Total Fat 46g (59% DV), Sat. Fat 7g (35% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 165mg (55% DV), Sodium 590mg (26% DV), Total Carb. 32g (12% DV), Fiber 10g (36% DV), Protein 43g
Contains: Eggs, Tree Nuts
Wash produce before use
Prep the meatballs
- Drain the ground turkey on a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Strip the parsley leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Crack the egg into a large bowl; lightly beat.
Prep and cook the tomato sauce
- Peel and finely chop the shallot.
- Cut the olives in half.
- Strip the oregano leaves from the stems; coarsely chop the leaves.
Cook the meatballs
Make the cauliflower “couscous”