In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Middle Eastern wraps with roasted mushrooms and tahini yogurt
Soy-Free, Mediterranean, Lean & Clean, Vegetarian, Diabetes-Friendly, <600 Calories
2 Servings, 570 Calories/Serving
Mushrooms are the new meat. At least that’s the word around the Sunbasket test kitchen. For these shawarma-inspired wraps, maitake and cremini mushrooms marinate and cook up beautifully, satisfying even the staunchest carnivore.
In your bag
- Sunbasket garlic yogurt (Greek yogurt - garlic)
- ¼ pound organic cremini or other button mushrooms
- 3½ ounces organic maitake or other specialty mushrooms
- Sunbasket Middle Eastern spice blend (coriander - cumin - sweet smoked paprika)
- 1 organic red onion
- 1 organic lemon
- 1 organic romaine heart or other lettuce
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 4 Atoria's Family Bakery whole grain lavash
Calories 570, Total Fat 32g (41% DV), Sat. Fat 4.5g (23% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 5mg (2% DV), Sodium 240mg (10% DV), Total Carb. 64g (23% DV), Fiber 11g (39% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 17g
Contains: Milk, Wheat
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the mushrooms
Preheat the oven 425°F.
- Transfer 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] garlic yogurt to a small bowl; set aside for the tahini yogurt.
- Cut the cremini mushrooms in half lengthwise; cut any large mushrooms into quarters.
- Trim the stem ends from the maitake mushrooms; cut the mushrooms in half lengthwise, then lengthwise into 1-inch slices.
In a medium bowl, stir together the remaining garlic yogurt, Middle Eastern spice blend, 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, and 1 to 2 tablespoons water; season to taste with salt and pepper. Add the mushrooms and toss gently to coat. Let marinate while you prepare the onion and lemon.
Prep the onion and lemon; pickle the onion
- Peel and cut the onion into ½-inch-thick slices. Set aside all except ½ cup [1 cup] onion for roasting.
- Zest and juice the lemon, keeping the zest and juice separate. [Zest 1 lemon; juice both lemons.] Set aside the zest for the tahini yogurt; the juice will be divided between the pickled onion and the tahini yogurt.
In a small bowl, combine ½ cup [1 cup] onion and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Let the pickled onion stand, stirring occasionally, while you prepare the rest of the meal.
Roast the mushrooms and onion
- Brush half of a sheet pan [1 sheet pan] with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil.
On the oiled half of the sheet pan [on the oiled pan], spread the marinated mushrooms in an even layer. On the other half of the sheet pan [on a 2nd sheet pan], toss the remaining onion with 1 to 2 tablespoons oil, season with salt and pepper, and spread in an even layer.
Roast, stirring once halfway through, until the mushrooms are golden brown and the onion is tender and starting to brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir the mushrooms to coat with the marinade in the pan; season to taste with salt and pepper. While the mushrooms and onion are roasting, prepare the remaining ingredients.
Prep the romaine-tomato salad and tahini yogurt
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; coarsely chop the leaves.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato.
In a medium bowl, toss together the romaine, tomato, and 1 to 2 tablespoons oil; season to taste with salt and pepper.
To the bowl with the reserved garlic yogurt, stir or whisk in the tahini, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] lemon juice, and 1 to 2 teaspoons water, adding more water if needed to reach a smooth consistency. Season to taste with salt and pepper and a pinch of sugar (from your pantry) if desired.
Toast the lavash
On the stovetop directly over a flame, or in a dry medium frying pan over medium heat, warm the lavash, turning once, until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side. Alternatively, toast them in a toaster oven or on a clean sheet pan in the oven until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Set out the lavash, roasted mushrooms and onion, pickled onion, romaine-tomato salad, and tahini yogurt. Invite everyone to assemble their own wraps.
- Measure the garlic yogurt.
- Juice the lemon.
- Measure and pickle the onion.
- Stir the tahini yogurt.
- Help set out the ingredients for the wraps.