In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Migas with crisp tortilla chips, chorizo, eggs, and salsa verde
Gluten-Free Friendly, Soy-Free, Spicy, No Added Sugar, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 700 Calories/Serving
We hear you’re looking for an easy weekday meal. How about some migas? This Tex-Mex tangle of crisp corn tortillas, scrambled eggs, chorizo, and cheese is the perfect throw-it-together dish.
In your bag
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- Sunbasket chipotle chile spice blend (chipotle chile powder - coriander - cumin - sweet paprika - granulated garlic)
- 1 organic yellow onion
- 1 organic Roma or other tomato
- 4 organic eggs
- ½ pound fresh loose chorizo (contains pork and spices)
- 1 ounce organic baby spinach or other leafy greens
- ¼ cup grated cheddar
- Sunbasket salsa verde (tomatillos - onion - mild green chiles - lime juice - cilantro - kosher salt - garlic)
Calories 700, Total Fat 34g (44% DV), Sat. Fat 10g (50% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 365mg (122% DV), Sodium 920mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 64g (23% DV), Fiber 8g (29% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 32g
Contains: Milk, Eggs
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Make the tortilla chips
Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use. Stack the tortillas and cut into 6 wedges.
On a sheet pan [2 sheet pans], drizzle the tortilla wedges with 1 to 2 teaspoons oil; season generously with salt and the chipotle chile spice blend and toss to coat. Spread in an even layer and bake, stirring halfway through, until crisp, 10 to 12 minutes. Meanwhile, start preparing the migas.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Peel and coarsely chop the onion; set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] onion for garnish.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; coarsely chop the tomato. Set aside 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] tomato for garnish.
- Crack the eggs into a medium bowl and season with salt and pepper. Using a fork or whisk, lightly beat until just blended.
- Cut a small corner from the chorizo packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Cook the migas
In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, warm 1 to 2 teaspoons oil until hot but not smoking. Add all except 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion starts to soften and brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook, stirring to break up the meat, until browned and almost cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium-low and spread the ingredients evenly over the bottom of the pan. Pour the eggs on top, tilting the pan to allow the eggs to cover all the ingredients. Cover and cook, undisturbed, until the eggs are almost set, 4 to 7 minutes. Stir in the spinach, cheddar, all except 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] tomato, and half the tortilla chips. Cook, uncovered, until the cheddar is melted and the chorizo is cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes.
Transfer the migas to individual bowls. Drizzle with the salsa verde and garnish with the remaining onion and tomato. Serve with the remaining tortilla chips.
- Count and stack the tortillas.
- Drizzle the tortilla wedges with oil; season with salt.
- Measure the onion and tomato for garnish.
- Time the cooking.
- Garnish with the salsa verde, onion, and tomato.