In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Miso-glazed tempeh salad with bell pepper and cashews
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
This warm winter salad brings the umami thanks to our signature miso glaze, which infuses the tempeh and bell pepper with salty-sweet flavor while they roast.
In your bag
- ½ pound tempeh
- Sun Basket miso glaze (white miso - maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro (see Market Watch note)
- ¼ pound shredded kale or baby greens such as spinach
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
A cousin of tofu, tempeh originated in Indonesia and is made from lightly fermented whole soybeans, which means it has more fiber and protein than its relative, plus a subtly sweet, earthy flavor when cooked. Before roasting the tempeh, we slice it and cook it in water to make it more tender.
Because of unpredictable spring weather, you may receive organic parsley in your bag instead of cilantro. In Step 3, strip the parsley leaves from the stems and set aside some leaves for garnish; finely chop the remaining leaves and add them to the salad in place of the cilantro stems.
Calories: 610, Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 7g (28% DV), Total Fat: 37g (57% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 18g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 12g, Saturated Fat: 6g (30% DV), Cholesterol: 0mg (0% DV), Sodium: 910mg (38% DV), Carbohydrates: 48g (16% DV), Total Sugars: 19g, Added Sugars: (maple syrup): 5g (10% DV).
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Cut the tempeh crosswise into ¼-inch-thick strips.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the miso glaze and the bell pepper.
Prepare and roast the tempeh and bell pepper
- In a medium bowl, stir together half the miso glaze and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Set aside the remaining miso glaze for the dressing.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
While the tempeh and pepper roast, start preparing the salad.
Make the salad
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] yogurt into a large bowl; save the rest for another use.
- Juice the lime.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; finely chop the stems. Set aside the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the yogurt.
- Juice the lime.
- Crush the cashews.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Stir together the dressing.