In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Miso-glazed tempeh salad with bell pepper and cashews
Gluten-Free Friendly, Vegetarian, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 610 Calories/Serving
This warm winter salad brings the umami thanks to our signature miso glaze, which infuses the tempeh and bell pepper with salty-sweet flavor while they roast.
In your bag
- ½ pound tempeh
- Sunbasket miso glaze (white miso - maple syrup - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame oil)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon Aleppo chile flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 3 or 4 sprigs fresh cilantro (see Market Watch note)
- ¼ pound shredded kale or baby greens such as spinach
- ¼ pound shredded carrots
Calories 610, Total Fat 37g (47% DV), Sat. Fat 6g (30% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 0mg (0% DV), Sodium 910mg (40% DV), Total Carb. 48g (17% DV), Fiber 7g (25% DV), Total Sugars 19g (Incl. 5g Added Sugars, 10% DV), Protein 33g
Contains: Milk, Tree Nuts, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Start the tempeh
- Cut the tempeh crosswise into ¼-inch-thick strips.
While the tempeh cooks, prepare the miso glaze and the bell pepper.
Prepare and roast the tempeh and bell pepper
- In a medium bowl, stir together half the miso glaze and 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] oil. Set aside the remaining miso glaze for the dressing.
- Remove the stem, ribs, and seeds from the bell pepper; cut the pepper into ¼-inch-wide strips.
While the tempeh and pepper roast, start preparing the salad.
Make the salad
- Measure 1 tablespoon [2 TBL] yogurt into a large bowl; save the rest for another use.
- Juice the lime.
- Using the bottom of a bowl or cup, lightly crush the cashews for garnish.
- Strip the cilantro leaves from the stems; finely chop the stems. Set aside the leaves for garnish.
- Measure the yogurt.
- Juice the lime.
- Crush the cashews.
- Strip the cilantro leaves.
- Stir together the dressing.