Miso ramen bowls with braised tofu and bok choy
35 – 45 Minutes
This family-friendly vegetarian main-course soup is made with dashi, the classic Japanese broth.
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 3 scallions
- 2 heads baby bok choy
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Dashi seasoning blend (white miso - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame seeds - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - mirin - salt)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon Mother-in-Law’s gochujang (optional - Contains: chile flakes - malt syrup - wheat flour - sweet rice powder - fresh garlic - onion - salt - soybean flour)
- ¾ pound fresh ramen noodles
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon togarashi (optional)
Gochujang is a Korean hot sauce, and togarashi is a Japanese seasoning blend. Our togarashi includes orange zest, black and white sesame seeds, and a dash of hot chile flakes. Both can be served in the soup or on the side.
Prep the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, cook the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the water heats and the eggs cook, prepare the vegetables and tofu.
Prep the vegetables and tofu
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
Make the soup
While the soup simmers, prepare the ramen.
Cook the ramen
Drain the ramen and add to the soup along with the bok choy and tofu. Bring to a simmer and cook until the bok choy wilts, 1 to 2 minutes.
While the ramen cooks and the soup simmers, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Carefully peel the eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Help peel the eggs.
- Garnish the ramen bowls.
- Set the table.
- Compliment the cook.
- Help clean up.
Protein: 34g, Fiber: 9g, Total Fat: 15g, Monounsaturated Fat: 4.5g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 1660mg, Carbohydrates: 29g, Total Sugars: 12g, Added Sugars: 0g. Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soy