In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Miso ramen bowls with braised tofu and bok choy
Dairy-Free, Vegetarian, <600 Calories, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 540 Calories/Serving
This family-friendly vegetarian main-course soup is made with dashi, the classic Japanese broth.
In your bag
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- 3 scallions
- 2 heads baby bok choy
- ½ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Dashi seasoning blend (white miso - gluten-free tamari - rice vinegar - sesame seeds - fresh garlic - fresh ginger - mirin - salt)
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tablespoon Mother-in-Law’s gochujang (optional - Contains: chile flakes - malt syrup - wheat flour - sweet rice powder - fresh garlic - onion - salt - soybean flour)
- ¾ pound fresh ramen noodles
- Fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon togarashi (optional)
Total Fat 15g (19% DV), Sat. Fat 3g (15% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 75mg (25% DV), Sodium 1660mg (72% DV), Total Carb. 29g (11% DV), Fiber 9g (32% DV), Total Sugars 12g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 34g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Wash produce before use
Prep the mushrooms
While the mushrooms soak, cook the eggs.
Cook the eggs
While the water heats and the eggs cook, prepare the vegetables and tofu.
Prep the vegetables and tofu
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions.
- Trim the root end from the bok choy; cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, then into 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the tofu into ½-inch cubes.
Make the soup
While the soup simmers, prepare the ramen.
Cook the ramen
Drain the ramen and add to the soup along with the bok choy and tofu. Bring to a simmer and cook until the bok choy wilts, 1 to 2 minutes.
While the ramen cooks and the soup simmers, prepare the garnishes.
Prep the garnishes
- Carefully peel the eggs.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro.
- Help peel the eggs.
- Garnish the ramen bowls.
- Set the table.
- Compliment the cook.
- Help clean up.