In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Miso ramen bowls with pancetta, edamame, and soft-cooked eggs
Dairy-Free, Protein Plus
2 Servings, 670 Calories/Serving
Slurp up a warming bowl of Japanese ramen noodles in an umami-rich dashi broth made from kombu, turnips, and shiitake mushrooms.
In your bag
- 3 scallions
- 1 or 2 turnips (about ½ pound total)
- ½ ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 3 ounces diced pancetta
- One 4-inch square kombu
- 6 ounces fresh ramen noodles
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ½ cup shelled edamame
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
Calories 670, Total Fat 29g (37% DV), Sat. Fat 9g (45% DV), Trans Fat 0g, Cholest. 185mg (62% DV), Sodium 1700mg (74% DV), Total Carb. 73g (27% DV), Fiber 14g (50% DV), Total Sugars 10g (Incl. 0g Added Sugars, 0% DV), Protein 30g
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛; teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans, Sesame.
Wash produce before use
Prep the broth ingredients
- Trim the root ends from the scallions; thinly slice the scallions, keeping the white and green parts separate. Set aside the green parts for garnish.
- Scrub or peel the turnips and trim the ends; cut the turnips in half lengthwise, then crosswise into ¼-inch-thick half-moons.
- Snap off and discard the stems from the shiitake mushrooms.
Cook the broth
Stir in the turnips, kombu, and mushrooms, season lightly with salt and pepper, and cook over medium-high heat until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 3 cups [5 cups] water and bring to a boil. Cook at a rolling boil until the turnips and mushrooms are tender and the broth is flavorful, 8 to 10 minutes.
While the broth boils, prepare the ramen and the eggs.
Cook the ramen
Cook the eggs
While the eggs cook, finish the broth.
Finish the broth
Immerse the bottom half of a fine-mesh strainer in the broth and add the miso. Using a whisk or fork, stir the miso into the broth until fully incorporated. Alternatively, in a small bowl, combine the miso with ½ cup broth; with a whisk or fork, stir until incorporated, then pour the miso broth into the pot. Season to taste with the tamari, salt, and pepper.
Finish the eggs
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise.
- Scrub the turnips.
- Snap off the shiitake mushroom stems.
- Measure the water for the broth.
- Peel the eggs.
- Garnish with the scallions.