Miso ramen with tofu, mushrooms, and soft-cooked eggs
25 – 35 Minutes
Elevate your ramen experience with only a bit more effort than the instant stuff, complete with slippery noodles, umami-rich miso-mushroom broth, tofu, and an egg.
In your bag
- 1 ounce dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon porcini powder
- One 4-inch square kombu
- ¾ pound fresh ramen noodles
- 2 pasture-raised organic eggs
- ½ pound cremini mushrooms
- 3 or 4 cloves peeled fresh garlic
- ¾ pound Hodo Soy braised tofu
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons red chile flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Miso blend (white miso - red miso)
- 6 or 7 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 1¼ cups shelled edamame
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
The shiitake mushroom broth (Step 1) can be made up to 1 day ahead; let cool, cover, and refrigerate overnight, then rewarm before proceeding with the rest of the recipe.
Calories: 610, Protein: 43g (86% DV), Fiber: 17g (68% DV), Total Fat: 20g (31% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% DV), Cholesterol: 75mg (25% DV), Sodium: 770mg (32% DV), Carbohydrates: 71g (24% DV), Total Sugars: 4g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV).
Contains: Eggs, Wheat, Soybeans
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ½ teaspoon kosher salt added to the recipe averages 240mg per serving, or 10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.