In order to bring you the best organic produce, some ingredients may differ from those depicted.
Mojo-marinated carne asada fajitas with lime yogurt
2 Servings, 800 Calories/Serving
Get all of the flavor with fewer of the carbs in these bold, citrus-kicked fajitas by loading the fajita fillings into the crisp romaine leaves instead of tortillas.
In your bag
- 10 ounces top sirloin steak strips
- Sun Basket mojo marinade (chipotle chiles in gluten-free adobo - orange juice - lime juice - EVOO - fresh garlic - kosher salt - Aleppo chile flakes - onion - cumin - dried Mexican oregano)
- 8 Mi Rancho 100% corn tortillas
- 1 lime
- 2 or 3 radishes (about 2 ounces total)
- 1 romaine heart
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican cheese blend (Monterey Jack - sharp cheddar - queso blanco - asadero)
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeños (optional)
Calories: 800, Protein: 49g (98% DV), Fiber: 19g (76% DV), Total Fat: 33g (51% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 17g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat: 9g (45% DV), Cholesterol: 125mg (42% DV), Sodium: 750mg (31% DV), Carbohydrates: 83g (28% DV), Total Sugars: 21g, Added Sugars: (hamburger buns contain organic molasses and organic brown sugar): 0g (0% DV).
Sodium does not include pantry salt; for reference, ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt per serving averages 240mg (10% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat. Packed in a facility that handles all major food allergens* and gluten. *Milk, Eggs, Fish, Crustacean Shellfish, Tree Nuts, Peanuts, Wheat, Soybeans.
Wash produce before use
Marinate the steak
- Cut a small corner from the steak package and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate; pat dry with a paper towel.
Warm the tortillas
- Remove 6  tortillas from the package; save the rest for another use.
Prep the garnishes; make the lime yogurt
- Zest the lime and juice half, keeping the zest and juice separate; cut half into wedges for garnish. [Zest both limes; juice 1 lime and cut the remaining lime into wedges.]
- Trim the ends from the radishes. Cut them in half, then cut the halves into thin half-moons.
- Trim the root end from the romaine heart; thinly slice the romaine crosswise for garnish.
Cook the steak
- Count the tortillas.
- Juice the lime.
- Stir together the lime yogurt.
- Set out the fajita fillings.