Mojo turkey burgers with cabbage slaw
Paleo, Gluten Free, Lean & Clean, Dairy Free, Soy Free
20 – 30 Minutes
Avocado blended with our custom-made Cuban mojo makes a lush paleo topping for these protein-packed burgers. Lettuce wraps keep them gluten-free.
- 10 ounces ground turkey
- Fresh cilantro
- 3 ounces Savoy cabbage
- 1 lime
- 3 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 head baby iceberg lettuce
- 1 Roma tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 1 avocado
- Cuban mojo (lime juice - orange juice - olive oil - yellow onion - dried Mexican oregano - fresh garlic - Aleppo chile flakes - cumin - salt)
Spanish for “sauce,” a traditional mojo includes citrus for tang, ground cumin for savoriness, garlic for pungency, and more. It’s so packed with flavor, it’s no wonder it can play so many roles: as a marinade, baste, or sauce. Use any leftover avocado-mojo sauce as a dip for carrot sticks and other vegetables.
Prep the turkey burgers
- Cut a small corner from the ground turkey packaging and drain off any excess liquid. Transfer to a plate and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Coarsely chop the cilantro; set aside half for the slaw.
Cook the burgers
While the burgers cook, prepare the rest of the meal.
Make the cabbage slaw
- Cut away any core from the cabbage; thinly slice the cabbage.
- Juice the lime.
Prep the remaining ingredients
- Trim the root end from the iceberg lettuce; separate the leaves.
- Cut away the core from the tomato; cut the tomato crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the cucumber in half; set aside half for another use. Peel the cucumber half, if desired, and trim off the end; cut the cucumber crosswise into ¼-inch-thick slices.
- Cut the avocado in half; remove the pit and scoop out the flesh.
Nutrition per serving: Protein: 33g (66% DV), Fiber: 13g (52% DV), Total Fat: 41g (63% DV), Monounsaturated Fat: 25g, Polyunsaturated Fat: 7g, Saturated Fat: 7g (35% DV), Cholesterol: 105mg (35% DV), Sodium: 480mg (20% DV), Carbohydrates: 26g (9% DV), Total Sugars: 10g, Added Sugars: 0g (0% DV). Not a significant source of trans fat.